Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Tuesday poem #204 : Sarah Fox : You’d Better Harness the Horse




It’s true, that to be better I did, I do, have to harness the horse. Rein in my grieving. The fruits of my trauma, rake them. Jar them. Why are emotional regulation idioms related to horses? Horses, when let to, run-fly to their muscles’ limits. What do they run from, in their imaginations? “I do” such a trigger I wish to fly past the limits of it.




Sarah Fox lives in NE Minneapolis, and is the author of Because Why and The First Flag, both published by Coffee House Press. She is a teacher, astrologer, worker, writer, placenta encapsulator, artist, resister, and a grandmother. Her chapbook INVISIBLE WIFE is newly out from above/ground press.

the Tuesday poem is curated by rob mclennan

No comments: